Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crying Out

I thought I would share this thought that I gave out this past Tuesday night at prayer meeting. In Psalm 69 David feels like the water is up to his neck, have you ever felt this way; things going on in life that have you feeling like you are sinking. We cry out to God for help but we then stop thinking that God is not listening to us, or something else and so we try to fix everything by ourselves. We look to other people that are having problems to fix our problems and we look to the things of the world to help, but they don't. We need to cry out to God the way David did, in vs. 3 it says this "I am WORN OUT calling for help; my throat is parched. My EYES FAIL looking for my God." Can we say that this is us, that we cry out to God and look for Him so much that we are worn out and that our eyes are failing. I think if we looked for God in this way we would find Him more and feel His presence in our lives more as well. How hard to cry out to God, are you worn out calling for God?

No comments: